We are sad announce that the event team have today made the difficult decision to cancel ClioSport Festival 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
Like all of us, we have been monitoring the news and advice continually over recent weeks with the hope that there would eventually be some clarity around future restrictions on social gatherings and what they would mean for our event.
While the latest announcements from the government offer some hope of future relaxation of restrictions, it is still highly likely that there will be need for significant social distancing measures to be adhered to by the date of the show.
After discussion with the venue and suppliers, we are all in agreement that enforcing social distancing at an event of our size would neither be possible or enjoyable. The safety and wellbeing of our staff, exhibitors and visitors is our number one priority, and we feel even trying to maintain social distancing would severely compromise a show which always has socialising at its core.
I would like to thank all of the team for their time and hard work in organising the event and thank everyone who has bought tickets and promoted the event for their fantastic support.
Why not delay instead of cancelling?
Before coming to this decision, we looked at the option of postponing to a later date in the year. Unfortunately, the only date available to us in late October would not necessarily be COVID-19 restriction free, and the weather would likely be undesirable for an outdoor weekend long event where camping is concerned.
What happens now with my booking?
All ticket and track bookings will shortly be cancelled and
automatically refunded to the original payment method. You should see the
refund on your account approximately 5-10 business days later.
You do not need to take any action, your refund will be automatically actioned.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries.
What about next year?
We really can’t wait to get everyone back together again, so will announce details of the 2021 event as soon as possible, normally towards the end of the year. We hope it will be bigger and better than ever to make up for the loss of this years show!